Setting up a Sonarqube server is explained in the post “Setting Up Sonar Server for TFS”. Sonar analysis helps to identify the technical debt in the source code of your project. Running it integrated with team service or TFS builds add more value by automating the quality checks with sonar server.
To run Sonarqube analysis for a project with TFS follow the steps described below.
1. Connect the Sonarqube server as a service endpoint in Team Project. For this go to settings –> Services and click New Service Endpoint –> Generic
2. Fill the information. Connection Name can be any name you prefer. Provide the Sonarqube URL as the Server URL. Provide Sonarqube Admin user name ad password.
3. Choose a build which is building a VS application fine at the moment and add SonarQube Begin Analysis and End Analysis steps from Task catalogue. Select the SonarQube endpoint created. Provide a key, name and a version for the project.
4. In the end analysis leave as it is nothing special needed.
5. Queue a build and analysis will run and send information to the SonarQube server.
6. In the SonarQube server you can see the results of the analysis.