Setting up a Sonarqube server is explained in the post “Setting Up Sonar Server for TFS”. Sonar analysis helps to identify the technical debt in the source code of your project. Running it integrated with team service or TFS builds add more value by automating the quality checks with sonar server.
To run Sonarqube analysis for a project with TFS follow the steps described below.
1. Connect the Sonarqube server as a service endpoint in Team Project. For this go to settings –> Services and click New Service Endpoint –> Generic
2. Fill the information. Connection Name can be any name you prefer. Provide the Sonarqube URL as the Server URL. Provide Sonarqube Admin user name ad password.
3. Choose a build which is building a VS application fine at the moment and add SonarQube Begin Analysis and End Analysis steps from Task catalogue. Select the SonarQube endpoint created. Provide a key, name and a version for the project.
4. In the end analysis leave as it is nothing special needed.
5. Queue a build and analysis will run and send information to the SonarQube server.
6. In the SonarQube server you can see the results of the analysis.
It is great if the latest updates to TFS can be applied as and when they are released. But for a large organization it might not be sometime...
You needed to setup dedicated machines for testing when using Run Functional Tests and you had to execute, Deploy Test Agent step and Copy...
Generally windows services are deployed by creating an msi installer. It is possible to deploy msi via VSTS/TFS release management using the...
If you have upgraded the TFS from TFS 2015 to TFS 2018 you will encounter a situation where your vNext build agents 1.xx are no longer valid...
TFS 2018 RC1 is now available and you can download it from https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/ . Release note here explains the new fea...