I have explained few of the enhancements available in TFS Web Portal for Version Control in Part 1. There are lot more really useful enhancements available.
1. It is possible to view a file as of in a given changeset and download the changeset version of the file to local machine.
2. Explore as a changeset version allows to view entire solution as of that particular version.
As of changeset version can be explored.
3. Download a solution as of a changeset version.
4. Annotate a chageset version of a file.
5. Compare a file for given two changesets.
6. Shelveset exploring has similar capabilities to changesets except few like explore as of version which is obvious since it is not committed, so no version is available.
View shelveset content, add comments/discussions, download shelveset file(s), compare with changesets are few of the available features.
7. Sharing a changeset as an email, enhances team collaboration.
Can share with multiple team members and add more custom content to email is possible.
Discussions etc. of the changeset are shrared via email and links are added for easy access.
8. Similar to changeset a shelveset can also be shared via email.
9. Rename history of the files can be viewed and show hide options available.
10. Branched history of file can be viewed with show hide options.
Let’s have look in to more new useful features of TFS2013.4 in coming posts.
It is great if the latest updates to TFS can be applied as and when they are released. But for a large organization it might not be sometime...
Resolve MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk\1.0.0-rc4-004771\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v14.0\DotNet\Microsoft.DotNet.Props" was not found or Unable to start the process. No executable found matching command "dotnet-projectmodel-server"You might encounter compilation error in Visual Studio 2015 when a new .NET Core 1 web app is created, if you have installed Visual Studio 2...
You needed to setup dedicated machines for testing when using Run Functional Tests and you had to execute, Deploy Test Agent step and Copy...
TFS 2018 RC1 is now available and you can download it from https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/ . Release note here explains the new fea...
If you have upgraded the TFS from TFS 2015 to TFS 2018 you will encounter a situation where your vNext build agents 1.xx are no longer valid...