TFS 2013.2 is out there I thought of upgrading my demo environment to TFS2013.2 from TFS 2013. Below are steps for to do this. For more details always refer Installation Guide for TFS2013.2.
1. Open command prompt in administrator mode in TFS Server and stop all TFS services with “ TFSServiceControl quiesce”.
2. Start TFS2013.2 setup.
3. Can safely ignore this warning (It is the latest update :) ) and you will not get this if internet is connected to the server. Close to Launch upgrade wizard.
4. Wait till current settings detected.
5. Click Next.
6. TFS Configuration database selected. Click Next.
7. Enter password for TFS service account.
8. Specify “File Cache Folder” for TFS. (You can change the root folder and settings later if required)
9. Select configure reporting.
10. Report server details populated.
11. Warehouse DB selected.
12. Analysis services ready.
13. Enter password for TFS reports account.
14. Select to configure SharePoint.
15. User the current settings.
16. Inspect all settings and click Verify.
17. Click Configure.
18. Configuration competed. Click Next to upgrade project collections.
19. Upgrade completed smoothly.
20. Verify in Web Access shows everything up and running for existing projects.
Let’s configure and explore new features for TFS2013.2 in coming posts.