TFS 2013.2 is out there I thought of upgrading my demo environment to TFS2013.2 from TFS 2013. Below are steps for to do this. For more details always refer Installation Guide for TFS2013.2.
1. Open command prompt in administrator mode in TFS Server and stop all TFS services with “ TFSServiceControl quiesce”.
2. Start TFS2013.2 setup.
3. Can safely ignore this warning (It is the latest update :) ) and you will not get this if internet is connected to the server. Close to Launch upgrade wizard.
4. Wait till current settings detected.
5. Click Next.
6. TFS Configuration database selected. Click Next.
7. Enter password for TFS service account.
8. Specify “File Cache Folder” for TFS. (You can change the root folder and settings later if required)
9. Select configure reporting.
10. Report server details populated.
11. Warehouse DB selected.
12. Analysis services ready.
13. Enter password for TFS reports account.
14. Select to configure SharePoint.
15. User the current settings.
16. Inspect all settings and click Verify.
17. Click Configure.
18. Configuration competed. Click Next to upgrade project collections.
19. Upgrade completed smoothly.
20. Verify in Web Access shows everything up and running for existing projects.
Let’s configure and explore new features for TFS2013.2 in coming posts.
Resolve MSB4019: The imported project "C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk\1.0.0-rc4-004771\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v14.0\DotNet\Microsoft.DotNet.Props" was not found or Unable to start the process. No executable found matching command "dotnet-projectmodel-server"You might encounter compilation error in Visual Studio 2015 when a new .NET Core 1 web app is created, if you have installed Visual Studio 2...
This extension “ Chamindac.vsts.release.task.download-artifacts ” for VSTS and TFS 2015.2.1 upwards, can be used to filter for build artifac...
It is great if the latest updates to TFS can be applied as and when they are released. But for a large organization it might not be sometime...
TFS 2018 RC1 is now available and you can download it from https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/ . Release note here explains the new fea...
You needed to setup dedicated machines for testing when using Run Functional Tests and you had to execute, Deploy Test Agent step and Copy...