In this fifth step of Setup Virtual Environment for TFS 2013 - Using Virtualbox, We are going to setup and configure TFS 2013 in the virtual environment.
01. The first step is to setup a service account for TFS. Log on to PDC and setup account for TFS service as below.
02. Log on to TFS machine we have setup, and set up log on as service permission for TFS Service account (Refer Accounts Required for TFS).
03. Start TFS 2013 Installation.
04. Restart required.
05. Once installation done start configuration in advanced mode.
06. Specify the DB server. (For me it is the single server deployment and SQL in the same server)
07. Specify the TFS account we have created above.
08. Below settings are preferred for app tier.
09. Select configure reporting option.
10. Populate URLs with the specified report server. (We have configured report server here).
11. Specify SQL server for TFS here.
12. Specify the TFS Report Reader account we have created here.
13. Select configure SharePoint Foundation option.
14. Since we have setup SharePoint Foundation in the same box we have to select the option as below.
15. Set a collection name for the initial team project collection.
16. Review configuration with one warning on memory (Can't help it at this time :) )
17. Click configure and TFS 2013 will be configured in VirtualBox VM.
We have successfully set up the TFS server in our virtual environment using VirtualBox. The next step is to setup a build server for the project collection we have created above.