Sunday 4 January 2015

Bring Test Controller 2012.2 Online After Upgrading TFS Server to 2013.4

Recently I have done a TFS upgrade from 2012.2 to 2013.4 with a hardware move. DNS settings changed to access new TFS server using the previous TFS URL. All went well and I when I started TFS 2012.2 build farm (plan to upgrade them later) it was working as expected.
Started the test controllers and when viewed in MTM Lab Center the controllers shown offline.
1
My plan was to upgrade the test controllers later since currently lot of lab environments in use. Event viewer in test controller indicated an error.
2
Restarted test controller service, restarted test controller machine, but was not helpful.
3
Tried clean TFS cache in Test Controller machine.
4
All of above was not helpful. So I decided to take a risk and reconfigure the test controller 2012.2 with the new TFS (2013.4) server. My only worry was what will happen to the existing lab environments after reconfiguring test controller.
5
6
After reconfiguring everything was smoothly working. All my previously up and running labs were working as expected.
7
8

No comments:

Popular Posts